Universal Coverage Corp. is the trucker's source to stay legal and safe on the road. We offer:

  1. Individual owner / operator insurance
  2. Bobtail insurance
  3. Occupational accident insurance
  4. Cargo insurance
  5. Leased operator insurance
  6. Physical damage insurance and many more insurance services please call us today to find out more about our Commercial Trucking Insurances.

Descriptions of Different Kinds Of Trucking Insurance Coverage's:


·         NON-TRUCKING LIABILITY, (NTL) INSURANCE - Also referred to as "Bobtail" insurance though this is not a correct term, NTL provides liability coverage when the truck is being used for purposes outside the scope of the lease and not under dispatch. EXAMPLE: using the truck on weekends to run errands. 


·         PRIMARY LIABILITY INSURANCE- Every trucker/trucking company who operates under their own authority is required to carry primary liability coverage on all owned units and usually also provide this owner/operator insurance for their leased vehicles.


·         CARGO INSURANCE - Provides coverage for loss or damage to the property a truck is transporting (the load). Generally, though not always, provided by the motor carrier for leased operators. 


·         DAMAGE INSURANCE (Collision, Specified Perils) - Provides coverage for repair or replacement for damage resulting from a covered loss (collision, fire, theft, hail, windstorm, earthquake, flood, mischief, or vandalism) to owned vehicles.   


·         OCCUPATIONAL ACCIDENT INSURANCE (Occ/Acc) - Product designed specifically for owner operators in the trucking industry. In most states, self-employed owner operators can opt out of state mandated workers compensation coverage. While not the same as workers compensation, occ/acc is similar in scope and intent. Most motor carriers require their leased operators to be covered either by workers compensation or occ/acc at the leased operators expense. For those who qualify, occ/acc is generally a lower cost alternative.