Universal Coverage Corp. is the trucker's source to stay legal and safe on the road. We offer:
- Individual owner / operator insurance
- Bobtail insurance
- Occupational accident insurance
- Cargo insurance
- Leased operator insurance
- Physical damage insurance and many more insurance services please call us today to find out more about our Commercial Trucking Insurances.
Descriptions of Different Kinds Of Trucking Insurance Coverage's:
· NON-TRUCKING LIABILITY, (NTL) INSURANCE - Also referred to as "Bobtail" insurance though this is not a correct term, NTL provides liability coverage when the truck is being used for purposes outside the scope of the lease and not under dispatch. EXAMPLE: using the truck on weekends to run errands.
· PRIMARY LIABILITY INSURANCE- Every trucker/trucking company who operates under their own authority is required to carry primary liability coverage on all owned units and usually also provide this owner/operator insurance for their leased vehicles.
· CARGO INSURANCE - Provides coverage for loss or damage to the property a truck is transporting (the load). Generally, though not always, provided by the motor carrier for leased operators.
· DAMAGE INSURANCE (Collision, Specified Perils) - Provides coverage for repair or replacement for damage resulting from a covered loss (collision, fire, theft, hail, windstorm, earthquake, flood, mischief, or vandalism) to owned vehicles.
· OCCUPATIONAL ACCIDENT INSURANCE (Occ/Acc) - Product designed specifically for owner operators in the trucking industry. In most states, self-employed owner operators can opt out of state mandated workers compensation coverage. While not the same as workers compensation, occ/acc is similar in scope and intent. Most motor carriers require their leased operators to be covered either by workers compensation or occ/acc at the leased operators expense. For those who qualify, occ/acc is generally a lower cost alternative.